I guess I was expecting - possibly some lamb dishes - definitely seafood - and perhaps some pacific fusion style cooking.
But actually http://purenewzealandfoods.co.nz/ is selling frozen curry and Italian pasta dishes.
The marketing makes the linkage between New Zealand - clean and safe - therefore although all the ingredients for the frozen meals seems to be imported - they are cooked and mixed in a clean Kiwi kitchen.
Quite funny really.
I guess the hygiene in an Indian commercial kitchen is not so good?
I always thought clean green - referred to the water - the air and the soil - not the QA procedures in place in a commercial kitchen.
However, the humour, of the above does make me contemplate the simple question - What is New Zealand food exactly?
You never hear of anyone picking up a lamb and pavlova takeaway - but everyone certainly loves their Thai and their Indian.
Is New Zealand food - really only a list of nostalgic experiences?
- Seafood caught whilst staying at the batch,
- Ducks shot in lake Ellesmere,
- Pavlova and sav's at the family barbecue;
- A crayfish tail - from the next door neighbour - who happens to be into diving,
- Shearers sandwiches - thick cheese lettuce and marmite?
- Hokey Pokey icecream - melting over your hands at the beach,
- Whitebait fritters - made for dinner - after a freezing day in the surf.
So what really is Kiwi tucker?
What are pure New Zealand Foods?