- 2 Smoked Kahawai
- 6 boiled potatoes
- Handful of finely chopped parsley
- Cracked Pepper
- 2 beaten egg whites
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonaise
- 1 teaspoon horseradish sauce (good quality)
- 1 teaspoon dried kawakawa
(for smoking mix - split and dry Kahawai - rub with brown sugar and Maldon sea salt - I also like using Manuka)
- Remove the meat from the smoked Kahawai (I also remove the dark brown meat - as it is very bitter)
- Gently flake the fish - and crumble in the potato (try to avoid the potato becoming completely mashed!)
- Add the lemon juice, pepper. horseradish and kawakawa, mayonaise and gently mix in.
- Fold in the egg whites.
(ensure the mizture is not too dry!)